Let God Be The Cure To Our Loneliness
We all feel lonely on occasion. I know I do. It is haunting at times. Kids all grown up and fled the nest we spent years building. Parents gone. Siblings live halfway across the country. Sure, there’s virtual means of staying in touch, but the sheer joy of having personal fellowship with the ones you love cannot be measured. Except when it comes to the personal relationship we can have with God through his son Jesus Christ.
Thinking about loneliness, for myself, and for others I know—I was inspired to search for some relevant Bible verses that comfort in times of feeling along. When we feel alone we can turn to God. He is always there. When we feel alone, we can seek God to soothe our lonely heart, to comfort our lonely mind, to mend our lonely soul. God is not virtual, God is REAL. God is always with us—even in our loneliest hours.
Bible Verses For When You’re Lonely
- (John 16:32-33) A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- (1 Peter 5:7) Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- (1 Samuel 12:22) For the sake of his great name the Lord will not reject his people, because the Lord was pleased to make you his own.
- (Psalm 16:8) Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
- (Psalm 37:4) Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- (Psalm 147:3) He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
- (Isaiah 41:10) So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- (Psalm 27:10) Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.
- (Deuteronomy 31:6) Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
- (1 Corinthians 4:5) Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.