2 Timothy 3:16
Whenever I see an open Bible or even a picture of an open Bible it causes me to say to myself, “that’s a blessed place, in the Word of God.” His Word to us, His children, is contained within the covers of that book. It’s the user’s manual that God wants us to follow as we perfect ourselves in His image.
I was inspired to find several verses that illustrate the message God has for us to read and study His Word. Central among those messages is found in the Paul’s second letter to Timothy.
¹⁶ All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: ¹⁷ That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Living in the Word means living with Jesus, walking with Jesus, and talking with Jesus. Let us always remember God’s gift to man, and heap joyful praise upon God Almighty, for he moves mountains and removes pain and sorrow.
Between the pages of the Bible is a blessed place to be.
Selected Bible Verses On Studying God’s Word
- (2 Timothy 3:16-17) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- (2 Timothy 3:14-17) But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
- (Psalms 119:11) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- (Joshua 1:8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
- (2 Timothy 2:15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- (Proverbs 3:1-2) My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
- (Psalms 119:105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- (Deuteronomy 11:18-23) Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.
- (Psalms 119:18) Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
- (Romans 12:2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- (Acts 17:11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
- (Psalms 119:9) Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed [thereto] according to thy word.
- (Acts 8:30) And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
- (1 John 2:27) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
- (Ephesians 6:11-17) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.